TASA encourages Australian Departments and Schools with a major commitment to sociological analysis to provide awards for their students in the name of TASA. Please contact the TASA office for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The name of TASA must form part of the formal name of the award (eg: The TASA Award for Excellence in Sociology).
- Departments/Schools/Faculties fund the student awards themselves.
- Awards must include a one year TASA membership.
- TASA must be informed of the recipients of the awards by publishing the names of the awardees in the TASA newsletter Nexus.
- Awards should appear on student academic transcripts.
Past recipients and their institutional affiliation can be viewed by clicking on the titles below:
Murdoch University Annual Prize
Best academic acheivment by a graduating student in the BA Sociology or Honours Sociology
- 2015 Aimee Sinclair
- 2014 Benjamin Hall
- 2013 Julie O’Callaghan
- 2012 Lachlan Denning (Honours)
- 2011 Lachlan Denning (BA Sociology)
- 2007 Angela Leahy
- 2006 William James Darby
- 2005 Eric Whittle
- 2004 Ms Nicolette Macdougall
- 2003 Anna-Louise Evers
- 2002 Rachel Kitchens
- 2001 Stephanie Church
- 2000 Rose Galvin
- 1997 Lorraine Abernethy
- 1996 James Butterfield
- 1993 Helen Kaye Oliviera
- 1992 Elizabeth Leslie
John Western Sociology Prize - The University of Queensland
- 2007 Jonathan Smith
- 2006 Susan Kentlyn
- 2005 Kiah Smith
- 2004 Amanda Hosking and Martin O’Flaherty
- 2003 Margery Mayall and Rosemary Aird
- 2002 Rebecca Wickes
- 2001 Carol Richards
- 2000 Caragh Brosnan
- 1999 Nicole Shepherd
- 1998 Michelle King
- 1997 Michelle Cook
- 1996 Ian Woodward
Prize for Excellence in Sociology - The University of Newcastle
- 2012 Greg Hitchens – School of Humanities & Social Science Lois Bryson Prize for Excellence in Sociology at Undergraduate Level
- 2012 Sarah Iuliano – School of Humanities & Social Science TASA Prize for Excellence in Sociology at 1000 Level
- 2011 Erin Madill – School of Humanities & S/Science Lois Bryson Prize for Excellence in Sociology at Undergraduate Level
- 2011 Lauren Geatches – School of Humanities & S/Science TASA Prize for Excellence in Sociology at 1000 Level
- 2007 Mathew Toll
- 2006 Alexander Blackie
- 2003 Nichola Mackie
- 2002 Skye Jackson
Central Queensland University Awards
- 2010 Terry Leonard Memorial Award: Jason Wilson, Rockhampton, QLD
- 2010 Palgrave Macmillan Book Publishers Prize: Toni Evans, Bundaberg QLD
Rockhampton Community Service Club – Social Sciences Prize. Awarded to the student obtaining the highest weighted GPA of Credit or better in SOCL11055
Introduction to Sociology and SOCL11056 Australian Society at the first attempt.
- 2008 Andrew Moore
- 2007 Nicholas Peter Maxwell
Rockhampton Community Service Club – Prize for Environmental Sciences.
- 2008 Lauren Hunt
Pearson Education Australia – Introduction to Sociology Outstanding Student Award. Awarded to the CQ University student who achieved the highest GPA of
credit or better on the first attempt for the course (SOCL11055) Introduction to Sociology.
- 2008 Michele Stewart
- 2007 Nicholas Peter Maxwell