Those eligible for consideration of the scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant has submitted a conference abstract, of which they are first or sole author, by the conference submission date;
- Applicant has submitted a Nomination Form, including a one page statement outlining the significance of their research to the conference theme and the contribution the research will make to Australian sociology;
- Applicant has not previously been a recipient of the bursary;
- Applicant is, at the time of submitting the application, in fixed term contract work of no more than six months or casual work.
- Applicant has a PhD and is a financial TASA member as at the closing date for scholarship applications; and
- Applicant agrees (can opt out) to submit a brief report on their research, their conference experience and what receiving the bursary meant to them, to be published in Nexus/TASA blog, if awarded a bursary.
The following Selection Criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Significance of research to conference theme (25 points)
- Contribution research will make to Australian sociology (25 points)
- Location/distance from conference venue (20 points)
- Financial hardship and/or care responsibilities (where this impacts on capacity to pay for conference attendance) (20 points)
- Commitment to TASA (eg years of membership) (10 points)