Executive Election 2022
TASA’s Executive Committee (EC) governs the Association and manages its daily business as outlined in the Constitution and by established policies.
The Executive Committee consists of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Postgraduate portfolio leader and up to four portfolio leaders as voting members, as well as the Immediate Past President and one representative of the editorial team for each of TASA’s publications as non-voting ex officio members. Every two years an Executive Election is held.
At the close of nominations, for TASA's Executive two-year term November 2022 – November 2024, the following members were elected unopposed:
- President: Alphia Possamai-Inesedy, Western Sydney University (2nd term)
- Vice-President: Kim Humphery, RMIT (elected August 15th)
- Secretary: Kay Cook, Swinburne University (2nd term)
- Treasurer: Anna Hickey-Moody, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (2nd term)
- Indigenous: Joann Schmider, Rainforest Aboriginal Peoples’ Think Tank, CQUniversity (PhD candidate), Adjunct Research Fellow, The Cairns Institute, James Cook University
- Equity and Inclusion: Heidi Hetz, University of South Australia (2nd term)
- Public Sociology: Sophie Hickey, Molly Wardaguga Research Centre, Charles Darwin University
- Thematic Groups: Tom Barnes, Australian Catholic University
- Postgraduate Portfolio Leader: Richa George, Monash University
Thank you to everyone who took part in the election.
TASA, Immediate Past President
2022 Election Returning Officer
TASA President Dan Woodman talking at TASA 2019.