Guidelines for Guest Editors
Papers featured in special issues are subject to the normal process of peer review. Selection of papers and coordination of the peer review process will be the responsibility of the guest editors. Papers may be selected either on the basis of invitation or via a general ‘call for papers’.
Proposals for guest edited issues of Health Sociology Review should address the following:
1. Contact details and brief biography for each guest editor;
2. Sociological theme. This should be a 300-word summary of major ideas and themes;
3. Identification of publication strategy. This should outline international contacts, and key researchers in the field that you will contact requesting they advertise the Special issue/and or submit papers;
4. Division of labour of guest editorial team: outline of lead editor, who will write editorial, handling of papers and referee process;
5. If your proposal for a guest edited issue is accepted a one-page ‘call for papers’ flyer will be required; and
6. Note: if guest editors would like to submit a refereed paper for publication in the issue, they must follow the Committee of Publication Ethics’ Codes of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for journal editors when assessing own papers for publication in the special issue.
Special Issue proposals will be reviewed by the editorial board. One member of the editorial team works with guest editors.