As per our email in early May, we have a new TASA 2021 Covid Career Disruption Grant, which is targeted at TASA members whose career has been disrupted by the pandemic. The application deadline is TODAY May 31.
The grant can be used to access career development opportunities, to cover the cost of a carer / babysitter / cleaner to have additional time for research, or for research related cost (e.g. transcription, participant reimbursement, etc.) where these costs cannot be covered by other funds. The grant can also be used to cover career development activities associated with establishing / furthering a career outside of academia.
The TASA 2021 Covid Career Disruption Grant assists TASA members who have been made redundant or who have experienced a reduction of hours (such as those who are sessionally employed) due to the impact of the pandemic. The grant also assists TASA members whose careers have been negatively affected during lockdown because of the challenge of juggling paid employment with caring responsibilities.
A total of $3,000 is available, with a maximum of $1,000 available per applicant.
The application deadline is TODAY May 31. All expenses need to be claimed by 31 December 2021.
- Be a TASA member.
- Have experienced career disruption due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This can include redundancy, reduction in hours, or caring responsibilities during lockdown.
- Describe the proposed activities to be funded by the grant with the intention to address the covid-related career disruption where these costs are not covered by any other grants or funding sources.
- Agree to contribute to TASAweb upon completion of the proposed activity to share their experience.
Each application must include:
- Application form (see link to form below).
- Curriculum Vitae (max 4 pages).
- Applications will be forwarded to TASA Executive and assessed against the following criteria:
- Applications alignment with purpose of grant.
- Extent of covid-related career disruption.
- The demonstrated value of the proposed activity to applicant’s career progression or research.
- Lack of access to other grants / funding for research and career development.
- All eligibility criteria are met.
TASA has the right to reverse or vary any decision made if it finds that the decision has been made based on incomplete or incorrect information supplied by the applicant.
Equity and Inclusion Portfolio Leader