2013 – 2016 Journal of Sociology Editor in Chief : Dr Alphia Possamai-Inesedy
Managing Editor: Dr Alex Norman
Book Review Editor: Dr Kate Huppatz
University of Western Sydney
Rm 1.1.68, Building 1, Bankstown
Locked Bag 1797, Penrith South DC
Penrith, 1797, NSW, Australia
Sample issues of JoS are available.
The Journal of Sociology was founded in 1965 , turning 50 in 2015. JoS Editor-in-Chief, Alphia Possamai-Inesedy has edited an E-Special as part of the celebration of both the Journal of Sociology and The Australian Sociological Association’s (TASA) 50th anniversary. This special issue provides the platform to examine the making of Australian sociology and the place of the Journal in the global sociological dialogue.
The 2014 TASA Prize for Best Paper in the Journal of Sociology was awarded to Gerard Delanty for his article The prospects of cosmopolitanism and the possibility of global justice. You can listen to Gerard’s podcast about his article by clicking on the play arrow icon below:
In his article Rethinking neoliberalism Mitchell Dean states that “There are many key questions concerning the current status of the notion of neoliberalism”. You can listen to Mitchell discussing his article here.
For further information on this journal, including submitting a manuscript, please go to the Sage website.
Journal of Sociology - Special Editions
March Special Edition – Call for Editors closed June 16, 2014.
March Special Edition – Call for Editors closed October 7, 2013.
The Journal of Sociology is an international journal published four times a year by Sage. Each year the Editors invite expressions of interest from the international community of sociological scholars in guest editing a Special Edition of the Journal. Special Editions may address any sociological theme which is likely to be of interest to the Journal readership. Papers featured in special editions are subject to the normal process of peer review. Selection of papers and coordination of the peer review process will be the responsibility of the Guest Editors. Papers may be selected either on the basis of invitation or via a general ‘call for papers’. Final copy for this special edition is due on Friday the 29th of August, 2014 and publication will be in March 2015. Submission deadline October 7th.
Teaching Sociology: reflections on the discipline
Special Issue of the JoS 49(4)
Guest editors: Kirsten Harley and Kristin Natalier
Abstract submission deadline: December 12, 2012. Read on…
Youth: Identities, Transitions, Cultures
Dr Paula Geldens (Swinburne University of Technology, Australia) Dr Siân Lincoln (Liverpool John Moores University, England) Dr Paul Hodkinson (University of Surrey, England)
Editorial Advisory Board
- Associate Professor Jo Lindsay (TASA president) – Monash University, Australia
- Associate Professor Debra King (immediate TASA Past President), Flinders University, Australia
- Professor Michael Gilding – Swinburne University, Australia
- Dr Lynda Cheshire – University of Queensland, Australia
- Professor Raewyn Connell – University of Sydney, Australia
- Professor Mark Western – University of Queensland, Australia
- Emeritus Professor Gary Bouma – Monash University, Australia
- Professor Doug Ezzy – University of Tasmania, Australia
- Professor Deborah Lupton – University of Sydney, Australia
- Professor Rob White – University of Tasmania, Australia
- Dr Dan Woodman – University of Melbourne, Australia
- Professor Johanna Wyn – University of Melbourne, Australia
- Associate Professor Maria Zadoroznyj – University of Queensland, Australia
- Associate Professor Jens Zinn – University of Melbourne, Australia
International Editorial Board
- Margaret Abraham – Professor of Sociology, Hofstra University (NY); Vice President of Research of the International Sociological Association; on the following editorial boards: Gender and Society and Sociological Perspectives.
- Said, A. Arjomand – Distinguished Service Professor of Sociology, University of New York
- Jack Barbalet – Professor of Sociology, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Linda Woodhead – Professor of Sociology, Lancaster University
- Kevin Dew – Professor of Sociology, Victoria University of Wellington.
- Habibul Haque Khondker – Professor of Sociology, Zayed University Abu Dhabi
- Travis S. K. Kong – Associate Professor of Sociology, The University of Hong Kong
- Chang Kyung-Sup – Professor of Sociology, Seoul National University
- David Lyon – Professor, Queen’s Research Chair in Surveillance Studies, Queen’s University, Canada.
- Eloísa Martin – Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, University of Brasília, Brazil; Editor of Current Sociology
- Patrick Michel – Professor of Sociology, Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Paris
- Victoria Pitts-Taylor – Professor of Sociology, Director of the Center for the study of Women and Society, CUNY.
- James T. Richardson – Foundation Professor of Sociology and Judicial Studies, University of Nevada, Reno.
2009 - 2012 Editors
2009 – 2012 Journal of Sociology Editor in Chief : Prof. Andy Bennett
A/Prof Malcolm Alexander
Dr Sarah Baker
Dr Simone Fullagar
Dr Margaret Gibson
Dr Suzanne Goopy
A/Prof Georgina Murray
Dr Ian Woodward
Young-Sook Lee – email@example.com